Every book is handmade and covered with the finest materials. In the linen series there is plenty of choice in color: Sand, Soft Green, Pink, Natural linen, Grey, Ochre and Dusty Blue.
Plus you can choose between 2 sizes:
- 18 cm x 28 cm (7 inch x 11 inch)
- 24 cm x 24 cm (9.4 inch x 9.4 inch)
Materials, bindings and sizes:
• 18 cm x 28 cm (7 inch x 11 inch) or 24 cm x 24 cm (9.4 inch x 9.4 inch).
• Linen cover
• 100 white blank pages (50 sheets ) 120 grams - FSC
• Personalization with lead letters
• Endpaper is made of elefantenhaut paper. The color depends on what I have in stock, but will always form a beautiful match with the linen.
Making your book is done in many different steps, each with the associated making and drying time. It really needs to dry after each step.
In the beginning under weight (between shelves with weights on top) and finally in the book press.
The final step is personalizing your book, the icing on the cake! I have chosen to print my products in a traditional way. With lead letters & foil I print the letters with high temperature in the book cover. This ensures a beautiful and lasting result. The letters are, as it were, protected (gravure) in the cover. This is a time-consuming step requiring my utmost concentration. Each letter is picked by hand and placed in the letterpress.
Gold and silver are the most standard colors. But I am lucky to be in possession of many different colors of foil. In addition to pink, red, orange, green, blue, turquoise, white, green, yellow, black, gray, silver and gold, I also have copper in the collection to personalize the linen products.
I sometimes get the question whether I can put a name on linen without foil (blind printing). Unfortunately this has too little effect on linen. If you want a blind press you should opt for a blind press on the velvet de luxe series.